Monday 6 March 2017

Evening skincare routine

I'm not one to spend ages and ages focusing on my skin nor do I use a huge amount of products, but I try to keep my routine regular. I very rarely fall asleep with my make up on - even after a night out I remember to cleanse my face. I think it's so important to take good care of your skin. A lot of people don't even realise how beneficial it is to have a every day skincare routine and to have the right products for your skin type. It doesn't mean you will end up with perfect skin, but it helps. And being in my late 20's, I definitely start to see the early stages of ageing. Yikes!


First I gently wash my face with just water leaving it wet before reaching to this Remington's face cleansing brush. I find it works better if my face is wet - I also run the brush part under the tap before putting cleanser on it.
I have always been a big fan of Clinique's cleansers and their Rinse-off foaming cleanser I'm using at the moment is the newest addition to my collection. Even though it's meant for normal to oily skin, it doesn't dry my skin out at all.
Normally I don't wear any make-up, but if I do, I tend to double cleanse. First with just a cleanser and then with the brush, so I'm sure to get rid off all the bad stuff that would otherwise be clogging my pores.


When it comes to toners, I'm so picky. When I find a good one, I stick to it. My skin can be so sensitive sometimes and I have reacted especially to toners. I love Body Shop's Vitamin E range in general so when I found their hydrating toner I was over the moon.
Sometimes my skin can get a bit bumpy and then I reach to tea tree oil. It's so much better than any harsh, drying products that will just damage my skin. It's antiseptic and I use it more as a targeted treatment. I don't always have the best diet and it shows on skin almost immediately and this has made a lot of spots less painful.
To finish my routine I apply Mary Kay's targeted action eye revitalizer which really helps with my under eye circles and bags and age fighting eye cream and then Body Shop's Vitamin E overnight serum in oil over my face. I love how hydrating it is, but doesn't leave my skin feeling sticky or oily at all - I was surprised how quickly my skin absorbs it.

And then I'm ready to put my pj's on and head to bed with a nice book - or phone, if I'm being realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment