Thursday 20 April 2017

A surprise birthday party, sunshine and tons of food

Now that Easter is over, it's time to accept the reality and start focusing on new things. But first, have a little throwback Thursday to my trip to The UK.
I was supposed to write this post over a week ago, but I suffered from quite severe post-holiday blues. I had an amazing time in England and I felt a bit lost and bored after the busy week. I think I'm at my worst when I'm bored. I become irritated, restless and anxious. Don't get me wrong, I do love my peace and quiet, but when it covers 95% of my day, it can get a bit too much.
But nevertheless, let's travel two weeks back, when I was in the lovely, sunny England (yeah, you read right. It was sunny!). I actually can't believe how lucky I was with the weather considering April isn't normally the most stable month weather wise. 
Even though you can't technically have time off, when you are unemployed, this trip was exactly what I needed. I love living in Finland, but sometimes I have this massive urge to get away. So when my friend's boyfriend messaged me asking if I was interested to surprise her on her birthday, I didn't hesitate for a second. 
During my visit I kinda forgot I wasn't living there anymore. It's easy to forget when you are surrounded by these lovely people I'm lucky enough call some of my closest friends. It's so easy when everything is so familiar and you go to the same places as before and bought the same stuff. Of course I also like to experience new stuff, but when you have lived somewhere for some time, you get used to certain things and when you are not there you'll miss those things. It's the same thing when I visit Berlin.
So yeah, every time I head back, I have this list of things I want and places I want to go - not forget people I want to see. It's not a typical holiday, where you can relax and experience new places. My days are pretty scheduled and by the time I'm heading back home I feel like I need another week to recover. But I would do - and I do - it over and over again.
I feel extremely lucky to have more than one place in this world to call home.
Ps. Sorry for the shitty quality. All these photos were taken with my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment