Wednesday 17 May 2017

Current skincare favourites


I know it's not that long I posted about my current skincare routine, but I feel like my skin is changing constantly. Most of the times I could describe it as normal, but there are times when my skin acts up, big time. Sometimes it's hormonal, sometimes it's the weather and seasons or it could just be my diet.
At the moment it's a tough one. I seem to get a few spots around my chin and cheeks - you know, the really painful ones that aren't ready to pop, haven't been for a week. But then I also have some really persistant dry patches that don't seem to go away no matter what I do.

Normally I would try every possible detox mask I can get my hands on, but this time I thought to switch things a bit. Instead of worrying about every tiny spot on my face, I have started to focus on the dryness.
Mary Kay's Timewise 3-in-1 cleanser is the perfect cleanser for this. It has tiny tiny particles that gently exfoliate the skin and its creamy texture leaves my skin feeling fresh and smooth. It also has a toner in it - perfect especially if feeling lazy and don't wanna go through 100 different steps. I also use this only in the evening. I have completely skipped cleansing my face in the morning. Instead I just wash my face with cool water.
I recently purchased The Ordinary's Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG and Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 and I'm more than happy to tell you they are totally worth the hype. I use them both mornings and evenings before any creams. Caffeine Solution is meant for under eye areas (correct me if I'm wrong) and it helps to reduce puffiness and pigmentation. Hyaluronic Acid is meant for face and it's super hydrating (which I totally need). Their light texture makes them easy to apply and it doesn't feel like I have something on my face, but they still do the trick.
At the moment I have been using prescribed eye cream, hence why there is no eye cream in the picture. My eyes especially have been so sensitive and dry, that every once in a while I have to go through this process before I use any other products on the area.
In the mornings I have been reaching for Yves Rocher's Hydra Végétal moisturiser that is suppose to give you 24h worth of hydration. Now I can't guarantee it as I use moisturising products twice a day, but it is really good. It doesn't irritate my skin at all and it has a very smooth texture - a little goes a long way!
I have never heard of Essano's Rosehip oil before, but I suppose it's just as any rosehip oil. Mine is enriched with acai berry antioxidant oil, but doesn't have any nonsense in it. It's such an amazing product and I'm gutted I didn't get more when visiting The UK.

The products above are the ones I use on a daily basis, but once in a week or every 10 days I use Mary Kay's face mask from their botanical effects range. Unfortunately this product isn't available anymore and it makes me sad. This seriously is one of the best hydrating masks that also exfoliate the skin. The exfoliating masks I have used in the past tend to just dry my skin out, but this does the complete opposite. You can use it as a regular exfoliator too, but I find it works the best when left on the face for a longer time.

Let me know what your favourite are or if you have tried any of these before.

No comments:

Post a Comment